Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Oxai Euphoria - one of a kind in Australia



This is my first post, so I guess it's fitting to show off my new F3A model - an Oxai Euphoria. I've got 12 flights on her now, over 3 sessions and am really enjoying this model.

I have an Oxai Adventure biplane as well, so am familiar with F3A biplane characteristics.
What's the verdict?

Well, Quique won the 2007 F3A World Championships with one, so who am I to say anything negative! I'm yet to find any real negatives. It isn't mix-free like the Adventure, but it's early days with trimming. I feel it handles a cross-wind better than the Adventure, and has a superb locked-in feel. The downside is that it's close to 5kg (a little over 4.9kg), and still shows up turbulent air more than a monoplane.

I've had one session in relative clam and it's unbelievably good, almost cheating! Let's hope we have nice calm conditions at our F3A comps!

I'm using a YS170, Futaba servos, Spektrum Rx, Fromeco battery & powerbox reg.

And for some reason, Oxai have stopped production on this baby and I've got the only one that was bought into Australia. Not sure whether that's good or bad, but I've got something unique!

No comments: